Irish Hills Background

Voting

January 24, 2011

DIY Gifts - Cookies

There is nothing better than homemade (DIY) anything.  The time it takes and the love you put into it for a loved one or just the gift of giving brings out the best in me.  And something I've tried to instill in both my boys.  Ok, one of them isn't so much a boy anymore (as I am ever reminded when I look into his sons eyes!)  But, it's my bubble and all is right with the world when I think of all the traditions I have been able to share with both my "boys" through the years.

For Christmas we had many DIY gift-giving projects going.  My youngest son is still at home and so we once again broke out the DIY tubs to see what crafty thing we could come up with this time.  DIY around here is a daily/weekly/monthly affair, but I must say a gift takes a bit more thought.  The youngest is now 8 yrs old and can be quite creative and resourceful when he wants to be.

First we made a list of the people we wanted to make something homemade for.  Beside each name, we listed that persons favorite things, then started our DIY quest for just the right gift for each one.

Now to keep our brains from going into DIY overload with the hussle-bussle of the season we kept it as simple as possible.  There were a couple that looked simple that seemed to take the longest.  And as the deadline of Christmas Eve approached I was positive of it!  But in the end it was more than worth the extra time and care it took to complete the projects.

I know it's after Christmas, so why bother posting them now?  Well it wouldn't have been much of a surprise if they had already seen what they were getting... now would it.

I'll be posting all our DIY gift projects one by one.  I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as we enjoyed making them.


Peanut Butter Kisses

First we mixed all the ingredients, then Way rolled each one in sugar.

Now Way is making those cool checkerboards on them.

Then I forgot to take a picture of them coming out of the oven
and him adding a chocolate kiss to each one.
Ok, Ok... my bad.

But, I did remember to take a picture of the finish!
Don't those look delicious?!! Yumm.


No comments:

Post a Comment