Irish Hills Background

Voting

January 15, 2011

Resolutions

Well it's that time of year again to set those resolutions.  But first one must look back to see what worked and what didn't quite go according to plan.

I think for the most part, everything in my life is just the way it should be....

Let's take a look back shall we?

Looking at the BIG family picture, I am most thankful for the family that I have.  They are all very loving and caring.  What better way to bring in the new year, than to be thankful for the family that you have!  The blessings I've been given and the warmth that love brings all year long is unmeasurable.

I have raised one son that has risen above even my own expectations.  And hands down, the whole family would agree, he's become one of the most awesome men we know.  He's a good person and a great provider for his family.  His ever growing family of 3 years is one filled with love and admiration for each other and the children that I so love to spoil rotten! :D  To watch his family grow and flourish, makes me well up with pride.

My youngest son, to my amazement, is a mini-me and has a big heart. He's made the Honor Roll ever since he was enrolled in kindergarden.  He's smarter than his years and forever keeps me on my toes.

Last year was one filled with many changes.  My husband retiring from the fire department after 21 years of service.  My oldest son ranking up the ladder quickly in the fire department and of course the newest addition to the family coming into the world just in time to celebrate his Dad's birthday.

After my husband retired we moved back here and dug in for the winter.  And winter has already been a long and hard one.  With pipes freezing :/ and water being a hard comodity to come by.  My youngest learned "new math" to support the lack of water for the horses.  Life is such a learning experience on a daily basis it's just overwhelming to me how much I take for granted.

I home school the youngest and with the aid of my youngest grandchild, I have learned to see the world again thru fresh eyes and stand in amazement as to what all the world has to offer.  All the magic and wonderment of a simple morning rain to the sparkly effects of the first snow.

This will probably not be the year for me to quit smoking.  Not that I shouldn't for better health, just that I don't want to. 

This year has already started off with a bang and many more changes are already coming!  I'm ready for the next big adventure..... BRING IT ON!

So overall, I wouldn't change a thing.  Oh, I'll make the usual promises.....

I promise to be more organized.
I promise to stop and smell the roses.
I promise to take a "me" time break more often.
I promise to smile more.
I promise to live in the moment and not fear for tomorrow.

Ok, I've made the usual promises that EVERYONE promises to change.  Now I'll make the best promise to myself......

I promise to spend every minute appreciating my family because they are what makes me ME!
I promise to live in the moment and lap up every ounce of cuddles that I can get from my kids and grandkids.
and...
I promise to smile lots, remember to laugh often and be good to myself.

HAPPY NEW YEAR........... hope your resolutions are as easy to keep as mine.

1 comment:

  1. Those promises all sound wonderful! Now bring on the year ;) Not to fast though!

    ReplyDelete