Irish Hills Background

Voting

November 20, 2010

Anytime is Family Time

With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season it makes it a bit harder to stop and smell the roses.  In my case it's ok - I don't have any roses.

But for some the holiday season means that family will converge in one place and share some holiday cheer and give many thanks to have each other in their lives.  As there is nothing I love more than FAMILY, I too have the same sense of meaning as the holidays grow near.  Though I only have one little one remaining at home, I have grandchildren now too. 

Yes, that means I'm getting old.  Apparently my oldest believes I'm old too, because he has teased me about being "old and slow" forever!  However, I think I will call it reaching my prime. As old, well... just sounds old.  And I'm not quite ready to be old just yet.

Since I am a fond lover of FAMILY and the adventures that go with having children, I try to make time and treat each and every event, trip, social, get-together or just a moment in time, like it's a holiday.  Course that means alot of work, alot of planning and of course a strong commitment to make and take the time.  Oh and how could I forget, money. haha

In keeping with traditions, I home school the youngest and it was time for a well deserved Field Trip.  Well my husband works on the pit fire rescue for Nascar and there was an event coming up soon and close to home..  Now what that actually translates into, is 4 days of adventure with the family.  So, seeing opportunity .... I took it!

I talked with all my children, young and old (haha).  We made a plan to all get together the weekend of the Nascar event at PIR and truly enjoy life as a family.  With life always adding it's own sense of adventure, like jobs and bills!  I knew time would be short (2 days with all the kids), but it would be well spent.

With the help of my daughter in law, Angie (the google queen who is married to the google king) we were able to keep things on the inexpensive side and still enjoy the time we had together and not feel broke afterwards.  Some portions of the adventure were expensive, no getting around it.  But other parts were cheap or free, so it averaged itself out nicely.

My oldest (haha oldest) children (Mark and Angie), gave me a wonderful surprise a day or two before we were all to meet up.  They were planning on staying longer than 2 days making it 4 days total! WHOOOOO HOOOO!  Ok, now I'm not good at gambling but that was like hitting the jackpot! 

With the 2 extra days we were able to fit in even more into our already packed itinerary.  Here's a short list of all the adventures we were able to incorporate into our weekend.  Nascar, Sea Life Aquarium (field trip), Cabella's, Bass Pro, Johnny Rockets, RainForest Cafe, many other restaurants and last but not least, Toby's Keiths I Love This Bar! (hey, ya gotta eat right!) 
Now I truly appreciate the Thanksgiving dinner and all the family getting together for the holidays.  But this was truly an adventure that would have been missed sitting around the table for dinner!

My husband hates it when I act like a tourist in a place I lived for 30 years...... so I was SURE to take LOTS of pictures! hehe 

Here's some photos of our weekend..


This was just too cute to pass up.  Blake (grandson) was just enamored with Waylon (son).
Or was it just the hat! haha

Fish at the Sealife Aquarium

Fish at Cabella's

And more fish at Bass Pro!

Hmm.  I can see where Grandpa is going with this!

The moose was just too big to pass up the photo opp!


More fish at the SeaLife Aquarium.


As you can tell they are in no particular order.  But that's ok, I'm not particularly perfect either.

All our time will be taken up now by the preparations for the holidays.  But as well as my family multi-tasks, it won't be long before we start planning for another adventure.

Joane

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love the family fun! What a blast we had! Looking forward to future visit and more fabulous memories.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete