Irish Hills Background

Voting

November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks

There is not a single day that passes that I am not thankful for my family.  Without them, I would not be the person I am nor have the wonderful life that I live.  It is filled with many happy memories, warm smiling faces and as many hugs as one could ask for. 

However, on this special day, it is above all else the reason why every family gathers together.  To give thanks.......... and eat LOTS of turkey!

We made it a family affair to make the cookies, the pumpkin pies and the appetizers the day/night before.  Here's a couple of photos of that.




Peanut Butter Kisses.  Here's the recipe for that.


I'm a collector of antiques (USABLE antiques), others would call it the collector of fine junk.  But no matter what you call it, if it's USABLE and it's OLD you'll find it here, sometimes in triplicate. haha

This time of the year is one of my most favorite, as now is the time I bring out all the heirlooms.  The fine china from one great grandmother on one side of the family, the table cloth my great grandmother on the otherside made just for me.  And even some lead crystal from my grandmother on another.  
Here's a picture of that..


I scaled the setting down quite a bit from prior years, not all the family could make it, but just as they are in our thoughts and prayers daily, today they were there too.

Ok, BRING ON THE TURKEY! It's time to eat..

I am one of those people, that longs for the left overs of the holidays. 

Mmmm, makes my mouth water to think of all the leftovers I will have the opportunity too make sandwiches out of.  One of my fav's is the Bobby.  It's a hoagie smathered with mayo, topped with shredded turkey, cranberry sauce and of course stuffing.  Cram it all together and you have a "Bobby".

Here's to a Thanksgiving filled with many happy memories of the past, that brings you all together.  And the new memories you'll be making, to talk about next year! 

HAPPY THANKGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment